Sriranga Academy was started with a mission to promote the rich Indian cultural heritage through the classical dance form. Srivani Vokkarane, the artistic director of the academy imparts training in Bharatanatyam and Kuchipudi to many aspiring art lovers focusing on the aesthetical aspect of this classical dance form. Srivani has a firm belief in the traditional ‘Guru Shishya Parampara ‘and through Sriranga provides a systematic and holistic approach to learning is a very traditional setting. The academy is dedicated to spread and preserve this art form through learning and performing at various venues.
Sriranga Activities Include :
- Year round lessons in dance including aspects of music and yoga.
- Instructions with the theory and dance aspects of Bharatanatyam and Kuchipudi.
- Organize workshops and Master classes in related dance styles.
- Inspire and educate students to perform at various community events.
- Encourage Art lovers and aspirants aged 5 and above.
'There is no other knowledge, no other sculpture, no other learning, no other art, not even yoga or action that is not found in dance. No wise utterance, no means to achieve learning, no art or craft is complete without dance’ - Natya Shastra