Srivani Vokkarane - Bharatanatyam
Srivani was initiated into Bharatanatyam at the age of six. She received her initial training from Guru Sunanda under the Kalakshetra style. She continued mastering the complexities and intricacies of this art form under the tutelage of Guru Premakumari under the Pandanallur style.
Srivani was very keen and passionate about focusing on the various aspects of dance and strived to achieve par excellence. She is also the recipient of the scholarship from the Karnataka Sangeetha Nritya Academy. Her passion and talent encompassed her to confer the ‘Vidushi’ title from the Karanataka State Board Exam, India. She was awarded ‘Natya Mayuri’ from the Sri KalaBharathi Trust , Andhra Pradesh.
Srivani has performed several solo and group performances. She has judged several competitions and also she served as the Chief Examiner for the Karnataka State Board Exam. Her talent and standing ovation won several accolades within her dance fraternity.
Some Of Her Solo Performances Includes :
In USA -
- Hindu Temple Of Greater Chicago, Lemont,IL
- Sri Balaji Temple, Aurora,IL
- Eshanjali Festival,Iowa
- Woodridge Community Festival , Woodrige,IL
- Cook County Treasurer’s Office, Chicago,IL
In India -
- Dasara Mahotsav ,Mysore
- Vairamudi Utsav , Melkote
- Mandayam SriVaishnava Sabha, Bangalore
- National Integration Camp, Nainital
- Sri Ganesha Temple Inauguration , Hoskote
- World Religious and Cultural Organization, Bangalore
- East Cultural Association, Bangalore
- Sri Mahlakshmi Temple,Bangalore
With Guru Sunanda & Guru PremaKumari